Thursday, August 31, 2006

A Brief History - Pt. 1

My name isn't really Howard Cronin, but I'm not sure about my company's policy on blogging about work. I don't plan on giving out trade secrets or anything... I just want to use this place as a repository for various challenges and information I encounter at work.

A quick history of me: My first introduction to formalized, non-classroom-based training was during the many summers I spent working at a youth camp. The last few summers I worked there, I was actually part of the team that came up with the "curriculum" for the training, and we would present it at the start of the summer -- during a staff training week.

From there, I went more into multimedia/web development, and didn't do much in the way of training. Then a few years back, I saw that a position was available that integrated multimedia (Flash) with corporate training. I was completly unaware that there was a formal "thing" called e-learning... and that people actually had jobs and made money doing the two things I loved most: Educating and making fun, interactive movies. So, that's where I am now.

more later...

No comments: